The second-annual 24-Hour Opera Project is almost here, and you only have to wait three more days for all the chaos and creativity to begin!
The event starts this Friday, January 20th at 5:00 p.m., with the Launch Party, where teams will be randomly selected, and the theme for the compositions will be revealed. All of this craziness will lead up to the Showcase performance on Saturday, January 21st at 7:00 p.m. The will be your chance to see the contestants' masterpieces presented in front of a panel of judges, a live audience, and the public via a LIVE webcast.
For those of you still debating whether or not to participate in this event, we've included the Top Ten Reasons why you should tune in LIVE!
- You can be a part of this creative adventure without leaving the comfort of your home.
- You can watch in your PJ's!
- Everyone needs to see how a rubber chicken relates to opera.
- Find out that opera doesn't always have to be serious!
- Don't you want to see what happens when you throw a team of artists in a room for 24 hours?
- Are you looking for a new opera to listen to? This event is your chance to hear five original compositions.
- Spot a rising star! If one of the contestants participating in the 24-Hour Opera Project makes it big, you'll be able to say you saw him/her "back when..."
- You can help decide the fate of one of the teams. Vote for the "Audience Favorite" online via Twitter (@TheAtlantaOpera or #24HOP), or Facebook.
- See if everyone finishes by the deadline!
- This is a one-of-a-kind event, and you won't want to miss it! According to members of the Atlanta Opera staff, some were upset they missed out on all the fun last year. Don't let that be you!
With the ten reasons above, you have no excuses not to view the webcast! Join us for the Showcase performance this Saturday at 7:00 p.m. at The Atlanta Opera Center, or put on your PJ's, grab some popcorn, and tune in LIVE!
|Beware of the flying rubber chicken!|