Wednesday, April 22, 2015
High School Opera Institute
The Atlanta Opera and Emory University are pleased to offer High School Opera Institute, a one-week intensive study program on the Emory campus, designed for rising 10th-12th grade singers.
• Individual and group vocal coaching; diction
• Yoga and stretching; movement and characterization
• Audition techniques; vocal health
• Resume writing; college and career discussion sessions.
Using the audition process as a focus, students receive feedback throughout the week, which culminates in a final mock audition, presented in front of parents and invited guests. Young singers come away with improved vocal technique, better understanding of the audition process, and increased confidence in an audition or interview situation.
• Applications can be downloaded by clicking here
• Deadline to apply is Friday, March 27
• Please email resume, application (and headshot if available) to email@example.com
• Selected applicants will be invited to audition by Wednesday, April 1
• Auditions will be Saturday, April 11 and Monday, April 13
• Participation fee: $500.00
For more information or to apply, email Wade Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.